Roku Error code 014.40 occurs whenever the user finds it hard to connect their Roku streaming device to the Wi-Fi network. However, the issue can be resolved by applying the troubleshooting steps discussed below. So, the users facing such issues are recommended to go through the complete information provided here to eliminate the Roku error code 014.40.
Roku is famous for providing high-quality content to its users. But anyhow, the users face issues with their device. Therefore, Roku error code 14.40 is one of the most common issues that users face with their Roku device.
Sometimes it could be too irritating when due to Roku error code 014.40, users fail to watch content online. The users facing this issue are suggested not to worry because this issue can be eliminated easily by applying the troubleshooting steps in this write-up.
Many reports are coming that the users face “roku error code 014.40” while trying to establish a connection. However, roku devices are used by millions of people, but still, some users face issues with their roku device. The roku error 14.40 occurs whenever the user tries to establish a connection.
Roku is a streaming device that provides content in TV channels, movies and shows, and much more. The Roku device gets connected to the ethernet cable or the Wireless connection and provides output to the smart devices such as TV, system, or mobile.
The latest and updated roku device has the capability of streaming content in the 4k resolution. However, still, some users encounter roku error code 014.40 while using the roku device. So, the users facing the roku error code are suggested to apply the steps mentioned below to resolve the issue.
Reasons behind Roku Error Code 014.40
Roku is one of the most famous and renowned streaming devices across the globe. Many users prefer roku to watch their favorite shows, channels, and movies on their TVs. However, it happens that due to some issues, the users face roku error code 14.40. So, before proceeding further with the troubleshooting steps, the users are suggested to check the reasons behind the problem.
Incorrect Wi-Fi details
It has been seen that because of the incorrect password entry or the SSID, this issue takes place. Therefore, it is mandatory to establish a safe and secure internet connection then only the roku device can work properly. However, if the information entered is incorrect, then the user cannot stream content properly. So, it is important to enter the correct Wi-Fi details.
Certain configurations get cached by the Roku, TV, and the internet router, leading to a decrease in the loading time and providing a better experience. However, if the configuration gets corrupted, then such an error gets triggered.
If the router’s mac filtering is turned “ON,” then it is possible that the Mac ID for the roku device might be banned from using the internet from the ISP.
So these were some reasons that indicate the nature of the problem. Now the users are advised to implement the troubleshooting steps provided below to resolve the roku error code 014.40.
Roku Error code 014.40 is a very common issue that the users face while using the Roku device. So, the users facing such issues are suggested to follow the troubleshooting steps below to get rid of the issue.
Reset network configuration
It can be possible that the Wi-Fi password, SSID, or other settings have not been appropriately configured. Therefore, through the steps provided below, the user can reset the network settings for their roku device and then reconfigure them again.
- Go to the “Settings” menu on the TV through the roku remote.
- After that, open settings and choose the “Advanced System Settings” option.
- Then search for “Network Connection Reset” option and click on it.
- Now insert the code displayed on the screen to start the reset procedure.
- Now follow the on-screen prompts to reset the network configuration.
- After that, restart the device.
- Now the users are suggested to connect to a network.
- Click on the Wireless or Wired option depending on the connection.
- After that, from the list of options available, select the Wi-Fi connection.
- Then enter the Wi-Fi’s password and click on the “Connect” option.
- Now, wait for the connection to establish.
Restart or power cycle the devices
The users are suggested to follow the prompts provided below to reset the devices.
- Disconnect the roku device and turn it OFF.
- After that, turn OFF the system and the internet router.
- Then unplug both devices.
- Now while the devices are unplugged, press and hold the power buttons for 2 minutes.
- After that, plug them again.
- Now connect the roku device to the system and check if the issue gets resolved or not.
Note: The users are suggested to contact the ISP and confirm that the MAC ID of the Roku device has not been banned.